- In cases of recurrent Styes, personal hygiene like washing hands thoroughly before touching the skin around the eye should be followed.
- Do not touch, rub or squeeze the stye as pus can spread into surrounding areas and encourage development of more styes or their complications.
- Gently clean the base of the eyelashes with a soapy solution to remove debris.
- If you wear contact lenses, wash your hands thoroughly before inserting or removing lenses from the eyes.
- Dispose your tissues after cleaning your eyes so that others are protected from contamination.