What is Bell's Palsy?
Bell's Palsy is acute facial paralysis which usually affects only one side of face in most people. It is sudden with rapid onset and fast progression. Symptoms usually develop overnight. Facial nerve which is the seventh cranial nerve is affected resulting in drooping of face of the same side.
Facts and Figures about Bell's Palsy
- Bell's Palsy causes facial paralysis in almost 40,000 Americans each year.
- It is an acute disease and is responsible for more than 80% cases of acute facial paralysis.
- Both men and women are equally affected by it and can affect any age group.
- It is more common from adulthood till old age.
- People suffering from Diabetes or those prone to colds and flu are more susceptible to it.
- Bell's Palsy is not a contagious disease.
What Happens In Bell's Palsy?
- Sudden weakness of one side of face
- Drooping of affected side of face
- Numbness of affected side of face with twitching
- Difficulty in closing eye and mouth on affected side of face
- Drooling of saliva
- Increased or decreased formation of tears
- Pain around ear
- Intolerance to loud noises
- Change in taste
- Difficulty in eating or drinking
Click to know more about Symptoms of Bell's Palsy
What Can Bell's Palsy Lead To?
- Although Bell's Palsy is not life threatening, sudden paralysis of face can cause alarm, fear and low self-esteem in affected individuals.
- Though Bell's Palsy recovers with or without treatment, it may result in permanent damage to the vision, or result in decreased functioning of facial muscles in some cases.
- Bell's Palsy can cause permanent loss of taste too.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Bell's Palsy?
- Homeopathy is strongly recommended for cases of Bell's Palsy since its individualized approach helps in faster recovery from the disease and it can halt the progression of as well as prevent complications of the condition.
- Homeopathic treatment targets the immune system of the individual, because only a vigorous immunity can tackle Bell's Palsy or any other condition affecting a person.
- Homeopathic treatment for Bell's Palsy is natural, safe and without any side-effects, and also helps in removing other associated symptoms.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Agaricus: Excellent remedy for Bell's Palsy when patient has intense stiffness and twitching of facial muscles. Itching and burning of face. Extreme tearing and cutting type of pain along cheeks. Pain along the nerve feels like cold needles and ice is touching them.
- Platina: Efficient remedy for Bell's Palsy with numb feeling in facial muscles with coldness and numbness. Pain increase and decrease gradually. Eyes feel cold.
- Belladonna: Effective remedy for facial neuralgia with twitching of facial muscles and redness of face. Convulsive motions of face. Face is hot and swollen. Congestion of face is intense. Aversion to water. Fear and irritation from light and noise.
- Aconitum Napellus: Excellent for acute cases of Bell's palsy after sudden exposure to cold winds. Extreme fear, anxiety and anguish with intense fear of death. One cheek red, other pale. Face is red, hot swollen. Tingling of facial muscles with numbness. Affections of left side of face.
Read more about Bell's Palsy by referring the panel on the left of the page