What are Corns and Calluses?
Corns and calluses are thick, hardened layers of skin (hyperkeratosis), which can be annoying and sometimes extremely painful as well as limiting the mobility of the person. Homeopathy offers the best, safest and permanent solution to this often recurring and nagging condition.
Corns and calluses develop as a result of the skin trying to protect itself against repeated/persistent friction and pressure. They are classically seen on the bony prominences of the feet, top of the toes as well as on the hands and fingers. Click to read on Causes of Corns & Calluses.
- There is higher prevalence in women as a result of wearing tight or ill-fitting shoes.
- Blacks report corns and calluses 30% more often than whites.
- Nearly 9.2 million Americans are affected by them.
What Happens In Corns and Calluses?
5 RED-LINE SYMPTOMS OF CORNS
- Initially, there is thickening of the skin in a small area usually on the foot or hand
- There may be itching associated with it
- The skin gradually becomes dry and horny
- There is usually pain on touching or pressing the affected area
- The corn develops like a funnel with a broad, raised top along with a pointed bottom (hare barley)
5 RED-LINE SYMPTOMS OF CALLUSES
- There is thickening of the skin exposed to repeated friction or pressure
- There is usually no pain or itching associated with calluses
- Most commonly found in areas such as the ball of the foot (women wearing ill-fitting shoes)
- They protect the affected part from further pressure and friction, such as a callus on the palm of a tennis player or carpenter
- There is pain usually on squeezing or pressing the calluses hard
What Can Corns and Calluses Lead To?
- Secondary infection with bacteria
- Abscess formation
- Rarely, ulceration of skin or sepsis (infection of blood) can occur in untreated infections
- Complications are more common in people with poor circulation or diabetes
How Well Homeopathy Works In Treatment of Corns and Calluses
- Homeopathy offers the safest, gentlest and most comprehensive treatment for Corns & Calluses.
- Homeopathic treatment for Corns & Calluses removes the painful corns from its roots with almost zero recurrence
- Homeopathic books and literature show that there are 100+ highly potent homeopathic remedies for complete treatment of corns.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Antimonium crudum for large horny, inflamed corns on soles of feet with stitching pains.
- Arnica for very sensitive and very painful corns resulting from mechanical injuries in the past.
- Camphor for corns with parchment-like skin that is cold to touch and cannot bear slightest touch.
- Silicea for inflamed corns with burning pain in persons who are mentally and physically oversensitive.
- Sulphur for corns in persons with unhealthy, filthy skin; aversion to being washed, worse after bath.