What is DEPRESSION?
DEPRESSION is a condition that causes extremely low and sad mood, that can last for weeks, months or even years. Everyone, at some point in their lives, feels sad, low and dejected, but when this sadness begins to infiltrate into a person's behaviour, relationships and work, it is called Depression and requires the help of a trained medical professional.
Depressed people feel a general lack of energy, lack of interest and sometimes, obsession with suicidal thoughts. It is like living in a "huge black hole".
The World Health Statistics, 2014, published by World Health Organization, made a disturbing revelation:
At least 350 million people live with Depression, and it is the leading cause of disability worldwide. Almost 1 million people take their own lives each year.
Click to read Causes of Depression.
WHAT HAPPENS IN DEPRESSION?
|Mental Symptoms||Physical Symptoms|
|Extreme and prolonged sadness||Overwhelming fatigue and exhaustion|
|Lack of interest in everything with feelings of irritability||Weight loss or gain|
|Severe sense of guilt||Unrefreshing sleep with either drowsiness or sleeplessness|
|Thoughts of committing suicide||Disinterest in sex with decrease in sex drive|
|Click to know more about Symptoms of Depression|
What Can Depression Lead To?
It is a misconception that Depression is a short-lived state of the mind that goes away easily. But Depression is touted to be amongst the major killers today because of its adverse complications on the depressed individual.
If untreated, Depression can lead to
- Substance abuse
- Physical illnesses like Eating disorders, Sleeping disorders, etc.
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN DEPRESSION
- Depression, if left untreated, can thrive and feed upon itself and have the power to consume life.
- Homeopathic Treatment For Depression is the safest and most holistic of therapies for this hydra-headed monster.
- Homeopathy works at the deepest level of the mind and helps to correct the irregularity in thinking, feeling and behaving with the help of naturally sourced and well proved remedies.
- There are more than 200 remedies in the treasury of Homeopathy in the Treatment For Depression.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Natrum Muriaticum: Indicated in people who have strong inner feelings of grief, anger, romantic disillusionment. They get angry on being consoled and brood over past grievances.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is very effective in people who are shy, mild and sensitive. There is despair of happiness, discouragement, indecision and impulse to hide or run away. Great flow of very changeful ideas.
- Ignatia: One of the best remedies for grief or hurt that has remained unexpressed. Frequent feeling of lump in the throat with involuntary tendency to sigh. Accompanied with physical ailments like headache, cramps and insomnia.
- Aurum Metallicum: Excellent remedy for serious, hardworking individuals who become depressed if they feel they have failed in their duties. Such people can fall steeply into self-reproach, self-loathing and emerge with suicidal tendencies.