WHAT IS COPD?
"There's so much pollution in the air now that if it weren't for our lungs there'd be no place to put it all."
- Robert Orben
One of the most essential components of life, i.e. "air" is being polluted day-by-day due to chemicals, fumes, dust, tobacco smoke, etc. People are actually breathing these toxic chemicals all the time without even knowing or realizing it.
Respiratory diseases are thus on the rise, and millions of people are being afflicted by some kind of a lung disease every day.
One such omnipresent group of respiratory disorders is Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease or COPD. Read more about Causes of COPD.
COPD is a lung disease which causes obstruction to airflow due to pathological changes in the airways or walls of air passages and air sacs of lungs. Chronic Bronchitis and Emphysema are the two main conditions associated with COPD. Asthma may or may not be necessarily associated with COPD, but long term untreated Asthma with irreversible damage can end up in COPD.
WHAT HAPPENS IN COPD?
- Chronic cough with sputum and mucus production which could be white, yellow or even green
- Shortness of breath or difficulty in breathing
- Heaviness or tightness of chest
- Wheezing (whistling or rattling sounds in chest)
- Frequent respiratory infections
Click to know more about Symptoms of COPD
WHAT CAN COPD LEAD TO?
If not treated, COPD can complicate into:
- Acute Exacerbations: Symptoms of COPD can aggravate at times causing more distress.
- Respiratory Infections: Patients with COPD are more prone to suffer from flu, common colds, etc.
- Pneumonia: COPD can complicate into Pneumonia and Respiratory Failure.
- Pulmonary Hypertension: COPD can lead to high blood pressure of arteries carrying blood to the lungs.
- Heart Disease: COPD greatly increases the risk of heart diseases and heart attacks.
- Lung Cancer: Chances of developing lung cancer are more in smokers with COPD than smokers without COPD.
- Depression: Depression can occur in anyone who suffers from a serious long-term illness that causes restriction in daily activities.
- Adrenal Crisis: In patients on long term use of steroids, there is possibility of adrenal crisis.
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN COPD
- Homeopathy gives excellent results in all kinds of respiratory illnesses.
- Homeopathy not only treats the disease, but the patient as a whole and assures better quality of life than conventional medicines.
- Homeopathy is the only system of medicine that works on strengthening the immune system of an individual. Homeopathy can potentially even reverse pathological changes of the respiratory tract, provided the disease is still in the mild to moderate phases.
- Homeopathic Treatment for COPD is very subtle and gentle. The mild and minute doses of Homeopathy not only bring relief to the patient but also make sure that no other harm in the form of any physical or mental side effects is done on its way.
- Homeopathy is safe for, adults and elderly alike in Treatment for COPD.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Bryonia: Wonderful remedy in patients who have dry hacking cough with rust-coloured sputum. Any slightest motion seems to increase complaints. Cough occurs immediately after entering a warm room.
- Rumex: It suits patients who have dry teasing cough initially, followed by stringy cough. Complaints increase on talking, by pressure and taking in cold air.
- Kali Bichromicum: One of the best choices when the character of cough is productive with yellow, stringy and sticky mucus. Complaints are worse in the morning.