Facts on Cellulitis:
- Cellulitis is the infection of skin and subcutaneous tissue beneath it
- Cellulitis is mostly due to bacterial infection
- It is common among people of all age but becomes more common after middle age.
- It can affect any race and is present worldwide.
- Though it is mostly localized, it can rapidly spread to other parts of body and can lead to grave complications.
What is CELLULITIS?
Cellulitis is the inflammation of skin and subcutaneous tissue. Cellulitis is characterized by redness, tenderness, swelling and heat of the affected part. Mostly Cellulitis is due to bacteria, out of which Staphylococcus and Streptococcus are most notorious. Read more about causes of Cellulitis.
Cellulitis can affect the areas which are open like draining ulcers, open boils or surgical lesions etc. Simple dental caries, infections, sinusitis, nose infections can also make way for bacteria to get in and cause Cellulitis. Any break, cut, injury, abrasion in skin can lead to Cellulitis especially in people with weak immunity and in various other conditions like diabetes, poor circulations, and chronic swellings etc.
WHAT HAPPENS IN CELLULITIS?
- Erythema (redness) of affected area
- Heat, tenderness and pain
- Swelling of affected area
- Affected area looks shiny, tensed, glossy and red
- There may or may not be discharge
- Swollen lymph nodes
Click to know more about Symptoms of CELLULITIS
WHAT CAN CELLULITIS LEAD TO?
Cellulitis is a potentially dangerous infection of skin which can be life threatening if ignored. Cellulitis is more common in people with low immunity. It is a bacterial infection of skin.
conditions like necrotizing fasciitis, gangrene, abscess, sepsis. Sepsis is a dangerous condition in which infection may spread in whole body through blood and can cause very serious conditions like meningitis, heart valve affections etc.
It can cause death by leading to multiple organ failure.
Also abscesses can land you under knife. Cellulitis in diabetes can cause gangrene which can lead to limb loss in some cases. Facial Cellulitis and Orbital Cellulitis may prove fatal and can lead to brain infections.
Hence every case of Cellulitis must be provided with immediate medical attention to prevent grave consequences. Cellulitis if not treated well can lead to recurrences too.
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN CELLULITIS?
- Homeopathy is very efficient in managing symptoms of Cellulitis and has an excellent success rate. It is very gentle and effective system of medicine.
- Homeopathy has world class medicines which treat Cellulitis from its roots without any side effects.
- Homeopathy stimulates body's healing capacities and strengthens immunity.
- Homeopathy is natural, safe and without any side-effects, and one can have complete freedom from Cellulitis.
- Homeopathy treats acute cases of Cellulitis very effectively and also helps in preventing relapse after treatment for Cellulitis.
- Homeopathic treatment for Cellulitis has more than 100 natural, side-effect free remedies in its medicine bank for the treatment of this condition.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- RHUS TOXICODENDRON: Excellent remedy for Cellulitis and Erysipelas, where skin is intensely red and swollen. Condition aggravates in cold, wet, rainy weather and gets better by warm application.
- APIS MELLIFICA: Great remedy for Cellulitis after insect bite. For skin which is sore, sensitive and stinging with rosy hue. Excellent for sudden puffing of whole body.
- LACHESIS: Great remedy for blue black swellings in severe cases of Cellulitis. For pus filled dissecting wounds. Effective for Cellulitis in old age. Condition better by appearance of discharge and warm applications.
- PYROGENIUM: Excellent remedy for Cellulitis from small cut or injury which becomes much swollen and inflamed. Great remedy for septic state with intense restlessness.