WHAT IS BENIGN ENLARGEMENT OF PROSTATE (BEP)?
BEP is a non-cancerous overgrowth of a part of prostate gland in males. This growth in turn compresses the urethra at the bladder neck and thus interferes with flow of urine from the bladder.
It is a commonly occurring condition and although the exact cause is not known, it has been linked to altered levels of male hormones.
BEP, to a small extent, begins beyond the age of 40 years and is almost always present in men beyond 80 years. Click to read Causes of Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP).
BEP is characterized by symptoms caused by an obstructing overgrowth of the prostate gland, which impedes the flow of urine from the bladder to urethra. Common troubling urinary symptoms consist of hurrying to urinate, difficulty in initiating urination, straining for urination, increased frequency of urination in the night, etc.
With Homeopathy, the symptoms of BEP can be controlled and it can put an end to the troubles of the distressed man.
WHAT HAPPENS IN BEP?
- Hesitancy or difficulty in starting to urinate
- Urgency or has to hurry due to great urgency to urinate
- Sense of incomplete emptying of bladder
- Having to strain during urination
- Increased frequency of urination, especially at night
- The stream of urine is slow, with dribbling of urine at times
Click to know more about Symptoms of Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP)
WHAT CAN BEP LEAD TO?
Complications of BEP are rooted in the basic phenomenon of obstruction to flow of urine from bladder to the urethra by the benign prostatic growth. Thus following complicated states are commonly seen:
- Retention of urine: Either acute or chronic, requiring catherization.
- Infection of urinary tract: Secondary to retention, the stagnated urine can cause recurrent urinary tract infections. Chronic prostatitis and bladder infections are common.
- Bladder stones: Minerals present in urine, over a period of time due to stagnation can lead to large bladder stone formations.
- Damaged kidneys: Chronic retention of urine leads to backflow of urine into kidneys, causing recurrent infections and damage to structure of the kidneys.
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN BEP
- Homeopathy provides applauding results in cases of BEP.
- Homeopathic Treatment for Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) offers a safer and holistic approach to managing the disease by dealing with the outer expression of BEP as well as by breaking the tendency to the ailment.
- Homeopathy gently allays the ailments of BEP in an aged male and does not cause any unwanted side effects.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Sabal Serrulata: Excellent remedy for BEP in males with constant desire to pass urine at night. Prostatic hypertrophy associated with cystitis. Loss of sexual power in males with cold sexual organs along with urinary complaints.
- Conium Maculatum: Very useful remedy for old men with hard, indurated prostatic enlargement. Great difficulty in voiding with interrupted stream of urine which starts and stops again. Dribbling of urine.
- Chimaphila Umbellata: One of the best remedies for BEP with some amount of inflammation. The person must strain a lot before beginning to urinate and is unable to urinate without standing with feet wide apart and body inclined forwards. Indicated in cases with scanty urine or acute retention of urine with feeling of ball in the perineum.