WHAT IS ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS?
Ankylosing Spondylitis is a kind of arthritis which particularly affects the spine and later other parts of the body, including joints, tendons and eyes.
It is also called 'bamboo spine' in the advanced stages when the joints and muscles of the back bone fuse and looks like a bamboo stick. Click to read on Causes of Ankylosing Spondylitis.
It usually starts at the age of 23 and is more common in males.
WHAT HAPPENS IN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS
- Pain in a part of spine or whole back
- Backache radiating to hips and knees
- Inflammation of muscles attached to bone
- Inflammation of the eyes in 40% of people
Click to know more about Symptoms of Ankylosing Spondylitis
WHAT CAN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS LEAD TO?
- Fusion of each vertebra, leading to stiff spine with hump on the back
- Compression of surrounding nerves giving rise to pain and permanent disability
- Also affects heart, lungs, kidneys, eyes and colon
- Compression fractures due to weakened bones
HOW WELL HOMOEPATHY WORKS IN ANKYLOSING SPONDYLITIS
- Homeopathic Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis reduces the speed of degeneration and strengthens muscles and bones.
- Treatment for Ankylosing Spondylitis works by balancing the vitality of the individual by prescribing a remedy which is most suitable to his or her constitution.
- We have many medicines for Ankylosing Spondylitis. Here are a few examples.
- Aurum metallicum: Caries of bones and nocturnal bone pains, cannot lean back on chair.
- Silicea: Curvature of bones, rickets; here it is often the clearly indicated remedy; there is offensive sweat. Hip-joint disease. Caries after inflammation, worse from cold.
- Chininum sulphuricum: Spinal irritation, with great sensitiveness of the spine in the dorsal region. The last cervical and first dorsal vertebrae are sensitive to pressure.
- Aesculus: Fullness in various parts, dry, swollen, mucous membranes, flying pains all over. Paralytic feeling in arms, legs, spine.