Some of the dietary recommendations for hemorrhoids are:
- Include fruits, vegetables, beans, and whole grains in your diet each day. These foods are high in roughage.
- Have high-fiber diet- whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables, peas, beans, potatoes, raw vegetables, salads, dried fruits and fresh fruits.
- Bitter gourd, black musale (Kali musli), Kareer (ker) are said to be beneficial.
- Drink sufficient water to avoid constipation.
- Drink plenty of fluids, enough so that your urine is light yellow or clear like water.
Some of the foods that SHOULD BE AVOIDED are:
- Hot and spicy foods
- Highly seasoned foods
- Fried and fatty foods
- Caffeinated products, like coffee, tea, chocolate
- Red meat or processed meat
- Bakery products made from refined flour bread, cakes, pastries, pies and puffs