- It is an illness characterized by pathological anxiety, worries and apprehension.
- The anxiety levels are so high that they interfere with the daily activities of the individual.
- Panic disorder consists of sudden and repeated episodes of intense fear and possibly hysterical behaviour.
- The attacks are associated with chest pain, palpitations, breathlessness, fainting, abdominal complaints, etc.
Body Dysmorphic Disorder (BDD)
- In this disorder, constant intrusive thoughts of defective appearance of one's own body are present although the pervasive flaw may not exist altogether.
- For e.g., the person may feel he has a crooked nose, fat body or defective smile. These thoughts can precipitate Depression in the long run.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- PTSD develops after a person experiences some serious traumatic event in their life which leaves a long-lasting impact on their mind, like sexual assault, witnessing a murder, physical abuse, etc.
- Symptoms include having recurrent disturbing flashbacks of the event, hypervigilance and a general sense of anxiety.
- This condition is characterized by multiple muscular pains all over the body of chronic duration.
- The patient complains of localized tenderness all over the body and problems during sleep.