To reduce potential hearing loss, avoid prolonged exposure to sound above 90 decibels.
Examples of Decibel Levels include:
- Rock concerts, firecrackers (140 decibels)
- Loud bass in cars, snowmobiles (120 decibels)
- Chainsaw (110 decibels)
- Wood shop (100 decibels)
- Lawn mowers, motorcycles (90 decibels)
- City traffic noise (80 decibels)
- Normal conversation (60 decibels)
- Refrigerator humming (40 decibels)
- Protect your ears at workplace. Wear earplugs or earmuffs.
- Turn down the volume when listening music on headphones.
Never use hairpins or match sticks or any objects for cleaning the ears.
- Screening for and treating Syphilis and other infections during pregnancy.
- Avoiding the use of ototoxic drugs, unless prescribed and monitored by a qualified physician.