My husband is suffering from Bronchial Asthma since many years now. Whenever he is stressed he gets the attack. Can stress cause it?
Yes. Psychological factors can play an important part in aggravating or abating attacks of asthma. The stress caused by illness can often be helped by joining a support group, where members share their experiences and problems.
Is it true that there are no food restrictions in Bronchial Asthma?
No. Diet can be aggravating factor in 70-80% of cases of extrinsic asthmatic patients. If a person takes the right diet and takes proper care along with exercise, the severity and frequency of the attacks can be reduced by 50%.
Which are the other diseases that cause wheezing?
Wheezing can be caused by-
- Inhaled particle such as peanut, or any small object
- Heart disease
- Chronic bronchitis
- Cystic fibrosis
- Upper airway obstruction by tumor/laryngeal oedema.
My neighbour says that my 5 year old son will grow out of Bronchial Asthma with age. Is it true?
Only a certain percentage of children grow out of asthma after a particular age. If asthma is not treated or controlled in childhood, it can result in permanent damage to the lung. Young age and shorter duration of asthma have a high chance of getting relieved completely. Homeopathy will help him to get back his good Quality of Health & Life!
I am very anxious about my Bronchial Asthma. I think am dependent on the conventional medicines. I want to stop them. I am frustrated, and don't want any treatment?
Many take disease as a very convenient excuse to run away from the responsibilities and challenges of life. This attitude has to be changed. If you are not getting results from your present line of Treatment, then we are offering a better alternative "Online Homeopathic Health Portal", where the most experienced Homeopathic Doctors are available to give you relief from your suffering & provide you better quality life! If you have a very strong desire to get cured, it is very easy to help you. If you follow our experts' instructions, the relief will be rapid.
Once a particular medicine had helped me relieving my Bronchial Asthma, can I take medicines from the pharmacist on my own?
No. The doctor knows what medicines are to be given and in what dosage. If you take medicines on your own, you do not know how to control the dosage, how to taper them, what are the next set of medicines to be given. The management of asthma is not as simple as you think. Let it be handled by a professional person. Sometimes some medicine cannot be taken beyond few days or few weeks.
My mom says I should not breastfeed my baby. It can increase my Bronchial Asthma. Is it true?
No. If you breast feeds your child, there are many advantages and the most important is that the child gets the required antibodies to fight many diseases.
Exercise can bring on an attack of asthma. Is it true?
No. Only in certain children an asthmatic attack can be triggered off by exercise. Swimming and other exercises can improve the lung capacity and make the patient feel better.
How will I keep a track on what causes Bronchial Asthma attack?
You should follow the below list-
- Keep a personalized diary. Record details of the food you consume every day. This diary can give an idea of the allergen so it can be easily avoided. Check for lemon, tea, apricot, canned food, corn syrup, vinegar, fish, eggs, milk, etc. as these are the most common allergens.
- Keep a graphical plotting of the dates of the attacks. This will give idea of relationship with weather or moon phases, etc.
- Keep record of disturbing incidents and express them clearly, and check if they have been resolved or not.
Are there any instructions a Bronchial Asthma patient should follow?
- Do warm salt water gargling 3 to 4 times a day, so that the accumulated phlegm comes out.
- Do deep breathing exercises like blowing into a balloon to improve your lung capacity.
- Go for regular yoga to improve your resistance and increase mental stability and balance.
How can I prevent a Bronchial Asthma attack?
To prevent an attack, you can follow certain things like-
- Avoid known allergens as far as possible for e.g. dust, animal dander, grass, pollen exposure, etc.
- Totally avoid cold drinks, cold water, ice cream, etc.
- Avoid food which has preservatives or additives. Preferably avoid any chemicals or substances which can damage your system.
- Take dinner as early as possible. Taking late dinner causes more discomfort and problem.
- Rice, rice preparations or heavy meals should be avoided for dinner.
- Avoid sour, citrus fruits like orange, pineapples, etc.