Vertigo can happen to anyone. However, certain groups have been seen to be more prone to develop the condition. They include:
- Old Age: Vertigo is more likely to occur with old age.
- Sex: Women are more likely to suffer from vertigo than men.
- Head Injury: This is also a risk factor for developing vertigo.
- Diseases that may increase the risk of developing stroke like high blood pressure, heart diseases, diabetes etc. also increases the risk of vertigo.
- Smoking and drinking alcohol are also important factors that increase the chances of getting vertigo.