- Vitamin B rich diet that includes whole wheat, oats, lentils, etc.
- Potassium rich foods like spinach, lettuce, tomatoes etc.
- Skimmed/low-fat milk/yoghurt
- Lean meat, poultry, fish, etc.
- Fresh vegetables, fruits and salads
Foods to be avoided: A high salt diet should be avoided like:
- Processed and canned food
- Salted crackers, wafers, chips.
- Baked food with salt and anything with baking soda in it.
- Ketchups, sauces, soy sauce, ajinomoto used in Chinese cooking, etc.
High calorie food like:
- Fatty food
- Sweets and desserts
- Refined food like refined flour, etc.