- Hygiene: Maintain good hygiene of the self as well as the environment so that infection can be minimized.
- Treatment of Existing Conditions: Take timely and appropriate medicines to treat Common Cold, Bronchitis, Asthma, or any other respiratory ailment you may be having.
- Restrict Allergen Exposure: Avoid exposure to allergens like pollen, perfumes, smoke, tobacco, dust, chemical fumes which cause inflammation and irritation of the nasal passage.
- Steam: Take steam inhalation if there is a persistent cold.
- Yoga: Deep breathing exercises like Pranayam help to ease breathing and prevent infections.
- Nasal bleed: Do not stuff cotton in the nose in case there is a nasal bleeding. Consult your doctor immediately.