- It is a form of arthritis which affects bones and joints.
- Its line of treatment also includes steroids which is again a risk factor for Osteoporosis.
- Lupus or Systemic Lupus Erythematosus is an autoimmune disease that affects multiple systems of the body, principally skin, blood and joints.
- Joint pains, especially in the small joints like wrist, fingers and ankles are a common phenomenon with more than 90% of people with Lupus experiencing them at some point during the illness.
- Hyperthyroidism is associated with increased excretion of calcium and phosphorus in the urine and stool.
- This results in a loss of bone mineral density resulting in Osteoporosis.
- It is an autoimmune disease leading to malfunctioning and malabsorption of nutrients by the inner walls of the small intestine.
- Celiac disease can lead to weak bones because of faulty absorption of minerals.
- Multiple myeloma and bone sarcomas are forms of bone cancer that may give a false presentation of Osteoporosis.
- Symptoms are similar to that of Osteoporosis leading to pain in bones and easy fractures.