Osteoporosis is a metabolic bone disease which is progressive in nature. It is associated with decrease in bone mineral density and increased fracture risk. It makes bones weak and brittle.
Types of Osteoporosis:
- Affects children.
- Occurs usually due to a previous medical condition like juvenile arthritis, diabetes, leukemia, hyperparathyroidism, etc.
- It occurs in women after they attain menopause.
- Menopause causes a deficiency of the hormone Estrogen, which plays a key role in maintenance of calcium in bones. Decreased Estrogen leads to reduced bone mineral density and higher chances of Osteoporosis.
- It occurs after the age of 75.
- Affects life quality and cause severe morbidity in elderly people.
- It is more common in females since menopause acts as an added factor. (Female: Male = 2:1)
- Men and women are at equal risk.
- May occur at any age.
- Secondary to certain chronic medical diseases like kidney failure, Cushing's disease, chronic liver disease, multiple sclerosis, etc.
- Prolonged use of steroid medications is also now a rising cause of Osteoporosis.
Homeopathy promises wonderful relief in the form of potent remedies that can effectively manage the symptoms of Osteoporosis without the fear of excessively loading your body with heavy medications.
What's more? All of this at no compromise to other systems of your body, assuring a holistic recovery and a healthier life.
Let's fight Osteoporosis together to make your life stronger & fracture-free.