- Malaria is also a mosquito-borne disease of humans and other animals caused by the parasite Plasmodium through bite of the female Anopheles mosquito.
- Symptoms include fever with intense chills followed by perspiration, headache and indigestion and can also lead to coma and death if untreated.
- This disease is most commonly confused with Chikungunya and is also spread by infected mosquito bite.
- Symptoms include fever followed by a prolonged period of severe joint pains. The clinical difference is that there is no rash in Dengue.
West Nile Encephalitis
- It is a viral disease spread by mosquitoes with certain species of wild birds being the primary host.
- The disease presents with gastrointestinal disturbances along with neurological manifestations. Most patients show features of brain involvement and aseptic meningitis.
- Scarlet Fever is an infectious disease caused by a bacterium and commonly affects children between 4-8 years.
The chief symptoms are sore throat, fever, red rash and more typically -Strawberry tongue.
It can even cause complications like inflammation of the kidney and infection of valves of heart.
- Yellow fever is a viral disease spread by mosquitoes and mainly targets the liver inducing a form of hepatitis and its accompanying symptoms.
- The infection quickly affects the kidneys, lymph nodes, spleen, and bone marrow.