- Give large quantities of fluids with normal light diet.
- Complete bed rest is advised.
- Make sure to repeat blood tests every 2 days, till the fever subsides, to monitor the platelet count.
For the surroundings:
- Breeding places of mosquitoes must be destroyed
- Nets must be used for the protection from mosquitoes.
- Cleanliness of the surroundings is a must, as mosquitoes love dirty places.
Never delay treatment. In any case of fever, especially when accompanied by joint pains, consult your physician immediately.
Watch out for the following symptoms:
- Red spots on skin
- Bleeding from gums or nose
- Frequent vomiting
- Black stools
- Constant distress
- Excessive dry mouth
- Pale skin