Infections of Female Genital Tract
- Infections of the genital tract such as Cervicitis (inflammation of cervix) and Vaginitis (inflammation of vagina) may also produce similar symptoms.
- Vaginitis is caused usually by Candida (fungus) and produces itching and frequent urination.
- Cervicitis is a sexually transmitted disease causing mucopurulent vaginal discharge, frequent urination and pain after intercourse.
Enlargement of Prostate
- In men, enlargement of the prostate blocks the flow of urine through the urethra. As the urethra narrows, the bladder contracts more forcefully to push urine from the body.
- Due to this, the muscles become stronger and thicker causing increased urination and other similar complaints.