Certain foods and juices are natural treatments for Urinary tract infection (UTI).
- Consuming juices of fruits like cranberry and/or blueberry are encouraged as they contain proanthocyanidins, which prevent bacteria from entering the lining of the bladder.
- Have a glass of warm water with juice of a lemon squeezed in it everyday as lemon modifies the pH of blood and prevents multiplication of bacteria.
- Eat plenty of foods rich in antioxidants like beans, berries and bell peppers.
- Have more of foods rich in zinc like flaxseeds, oats, tofu, almonds and ginger. Zinc is known to enhance production of white blood cells and eradicate bacteria.
- Alfalfa sprouts should be taken with salads as a powerful natural remedy for UTI and cystitis.