- Patients with depression may show sudden episodes of nervous excitement or anxiety and restlessness which can occur any time of the day pretending breathlessness.
- They appear normal but the cause may be anything like disturbance of interpersonal relationships, sexual abuse, etc.
Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- It occurs when the gastric juice moves back into esophagus, with symptoms of heart burn, regurgitation and dysphasia.
- Sometimes, it leads to coughing, wheezing, hoarseness, sore throat and chest pain.
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease is one of the major causes of death in the world.
- Patients present with history of chronic productive cough in the morning, breathlessness and wheezing.
- Thoracic examination reveals barrel chest due to hyper inflation.