- Alcohol- It affects the resistance of the nose and throat and increases the Apnea episodes during sleep.
- Smoking- It increases instability during sleep and inflammation of air passages.
- Patients who already are suffering with heart diseases.
- Recurrent nasal congestion due to any cause like allergy-related condition
- Menopause- It induces hormonal imbalances that can contribute to apnea.
Obesity and excessive weight affects the breathing patterns in many ways.
- It alters the respiratory passage structure
- Respiratory drive is reduced
- The demand of oxygen is increased in the body