What Is Sleep Apnea?
It is also called obstructive sleep apnea which means obstruction or cessation of breath during sleep.
In this condition, people stop breathing for 10 to 30 seconds for more than 40 times in just one hour.
This obstruction leads to lowering of oxygen levels in the blood and sudden arousal from sleep. Click to read Causes of Sleep Apnea.
What Happens In Sleep Apnea?
- Loud habitual disturbing snoring
- Sudden gasping and choking during sleep leading to sleeplessness occasionally
- Urination during sleep
- Excessive tiredness, heaviness, morning headache and confusion on waking up in morning
What can Sleep Apnea lead to?
- Cardio vascular risks
- High blood pressure
- Excessive sleepiness during the day affecting work
- Cognitive function impairment i.e. memory, thinking and reasoning get affected
- Accidents while driving and during work
- Negative impact on pregnancy due to hypertension
How well homeopathy works in Sleep Apnea?
Homeopathy has incredibly successful scope in the effective treatment of Sleep Apnea.
Homeopathic treatment for Sleep Apnea works towards balancing the susceptibility of the individual by prescribing a remedy which is most suitable to his or her constitution.
The accurate remedy is prescribed only after a thorough investigation into the background of the condition and the patient.
For example, if the obesity is the cause of sleep apnea then the aim of our drug will be to reduce the obesity, thereby reducing the stress on the respiratory system.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Lachesis: People needing this remedy are literally scared to sleep because sleep tends to aggravate all their complaints, especially breathlessness.
- Sulphur: Suited for chronic sleep disturbances and nightmares, especially if accompanied with skin rashes
- Sambucus: Of use in cases where the patient actually jumps out of bed with a feeling of suffocation.
- Spongia: When the attacks of breathlessness are worsened by cold air and lying down.