Total prevention of Panic Attack without correct medication is not possible, though following measures may be helpful. They also prevent recurrence in already existing cases.
- Patience: The key to successfully release yourself from Panic attacks is to be patient. Patience induces a sense of relaxation and calmness.
- Meditation and Exercise: Moderate physical exercise relaxes the body by releasing the "feel good" hormones in the body. Meditation on the other hand, is essential to relax the mind.
- Deep Breathing Exercises: Relaxing techniques like deep breathing increase consciousness of the self and surroundings and encourages a person to have a peaceful composure.
- Self Love: Do not criticize yourself. Accept yourself. Love yourself.
- Be positive: Focus on positives of life and not on negatives. Put an effort to be cheerful even if you are sad. Try that consciously.
- Avoid stress: Remember problems are part of life, they come and go. It is important to Respond to a situation rather than React to it.
- Avoid stimulants: Stimulants like tea, colas, and chocolate, nicotine and caffeine should be avoided.
- Triggers: Recognize triggers in your case but do not completely avoid them as far as possible. Or else they will generate further intense fear in you and you will never be able to come out of it.