Following food may be of help in lifting mood and preventing Panic Attack.
- Have a diet is rich in vegetables, fruits, omega-3-rich meats and fish, and whole grains. They help to reduce the severity of the Panic Attacks.
- Avoid fried foods, refined grains, and sugary products.
- Vitamin C is known to help balance the body's output of stress hormones during tense moments. Eat lots of oranges, papaya, strawberries, kiwi fruit, bell peppers, parsley, broccoli, brussels sprouts and amla.
- Vitamin B Complex supports your nervous system and replenishes the nutrients used up when your body reacts to ongoing stresses. You can take leafy green vegetables, whole grains, eggs, poultry, milk, soybeans.
- Magnesium calms tense muscles and regulates heart rate, blood pressure, and blood sugar. Consume pumpkin, sunflower seeds, sesame seeds and leafy green vegetables.
- Avoid simple carbohydrates & sugary foods, as they can dip your blood sugar and make you feel dizzy.
- Instead, add more complex carbohydrates like oatmeal, whole-grain breads, brown rice, sweet potatoes, etc.
- The amino acid called tryptophan helps body to produce the "feel-good" hormone called serotonin. You can find it in poultry, milk, bananas, oats, cheese, nuts, peanut butter and sesame seeds.
- Totally avoiding fat in your diet may lead to mood swings, anger, and hostility. Choose foods that contain healthier fats, like those rich in omega-3 fatty acids including fish oils, salmon, walnuts, butternuts, flaxseeds, radish seeds, etc.