There is no specific migraine diet but there are certain things which should be avoided.
- Avoid smoking or even being around a lit cigar or cigarette.
- Restrict your intake of alcohol, red wine and champagne.
- Restrict coffee and caffeinated drinks. The more caffeine you consume, the more chances are of having headaches.
- Do not drink or eat anything that has artificial sweeteners.
- Avoid canned foods and food with preservatives or artificial colors.
- Avoid monosodium glutamate (Ajinomoto) used in Chinese cooking.