- Help your thyroid gland. Go for walks, do mild to moderate exercises to pep up your metabolic rate and mood.
- Yoga therapy will help in increasing tissue sensitivity to thyroid hormones.
- Monitor your thyroid levels every 6 months.
- Keep up a positive attitude and do not lose hope. Hypothyroidism can be managed.
- Avoid food such as turnips, cabbage, mustard, broccoli, cassava root, soybeans and peanuts. These foods naturally block the utilization of iodine in the body and can aggravate a hypothyroid condition.
- Avoid smoking since the chemicals unleashed in the body can harm the functioning of the thyroid gland.
- Do not self-medicate or discontinue medicines without your doctor's prior consent.