Some conditions which are more or less similar to CHRONIC CONSTIPATION are-
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): Here constipation alternates with diarrhea. It is common spastic disorder of large intestines. Stress is most common cause of IBS.
- Colon Cancer: It is cancer of large intestine. Constipation is frequently a symptom of colon cancer. Weight loss is also associated with it generally.
- Hypothyroidism: There is insufficient thyroid hormone in body in hypothyroidism. Because of slow metabolism constipation is the common symptom here also.
- Paralysis: It is loss of functional ability of muscle resulting in constipation.
- Intestinal adhesions or strictures: These are adhesions in intestines due to several causes like previous surgery, Crohn’s disease etc.