- Hormonal: GnRHA (Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone Agonist) is injected with the aim to shrink the fibroids. Other hormones like Levonorgestrel are used in the form of an intra-uterine device. Occasionally, contraceptive pills are also used.
- Non-hormonal: Non-hormonal treatment for Uterine Fibroids includes anti-inflammatory drugs and other drugs to reduce uterine bleeding.
- Non-invasive treatment: MRI guided ultrasound surgery is done in treatment for uterine fibroids. The mainstay of this treatment is thermal ablation.
- Minimally Invasive Surgeries: They are aimed at shrinking or removing the fibroids without actually removing the uterus surgically.
- Radical Surgeries: Hysterectomy or removal of uterus is done in cases where other treatments have failed.