What Are Uterine Fibroids?
Uterine fibroids are the Number 1 cause of Hysterectomies (surgical removal of the uterus) across the world.
Uterine Fibroids are non-cancerous growths that form in the womb.
They are most common in women of the reproductive age group. Uterine fibroids are prevalent in about 5-10% among all the women across the world. And astonishingly about 20-40% of women in reproductive age group will get fibroids in some point of their life.
Click to read about Causes of Uterine Fibroids.
Since uterine fibroids generally do not cause any symptoms, they may go unnoticed for a long time. Although fibroids may be symptomless in some females, many patients report with intense symptoms.
Uterine Fibroids are benign tumors that originate on or within the uterine walls. Depending on the location, Uterine Fibroids can be of three types: Sub-serosal, Sub-mucosal and Intra-mural. (Click on Symptoms of Uterine Fibroids to know more)
What Happens In Uterine Fibroids?
- Menses last longer than usual
- Menstrual flow increased
- Menses accompanied by severe pain
- Abnormal spotting between periods
- Backache and pain in the legs
What Can Uterine Fibroids Lead To?
Although fibroids are not exactly life threatening, they can cause a few complications if not taken care of:
- Anaemia: Anaemia is when haemoglobin concentration in the blood decreases and in this case, anaemia occurs due to heavy blood flow.
- Retention of Urine: Large fibroids may put pressure on the urinary bladder to cause urine retention, i.e. inability to empty the bladder partially or completely.
- Painful Defecation: Similarly, pressure on the rectum may cause painful passing of stools.
- Difficulty in conceiving: It is possible that in some cases, fibroids may prevent pregnancy by preventing the implantation and growth of the embryo.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Uterine Fibroids
- Women are the backbone of the family, of the society, of the world. If women are in pain, then so is the world. As gentle as are women, so should be the way they need to be treated. And Homeopathy is the gentlest way to give them relief because it provides them with some much needed TLC (Tender Loving Care).
- Homeopathy is the best alternative available in treatment for Uterine Fibroids.
- The accurately selected homeopathic medicine is capable of shrinking the fibroids and can even eradicate them completely in some cases.
- Homeopathic medicines are very effective in regularizing menstrual bleeding and ebbing the pain. This can be done extremely gently and without any fear of unwanted side effects, unlike the hormonal treatments of Conventional medicine.
- As stated, a majority of the hysterectomies are not needed and Homeopathy can effectively prevent these surgeries, removing fibroids the painless way.
- Homeopathic treatment for Uterine Fibroids strengthens the immune system and makes sure the disease does not return again.
Have a look at some of our amazing remedies:
- Calcarea Carbonica: A very good remedy in females who are fat, fair and flabby. Patient has abnormal heavy menstrual bleeding which lasts for many days.
- Sepia: It is one of the best choices when the main symptoms are low back pain, discomfort of abdominal region, and a feeling of ball in the vagina. Patient also has repeated urinary tract infections. Patient sits with legs crossed tightly.
- Thlaspi Bursa Pastoris: This is yet another wonderful remedy in patients who have frequent menses at very short intervals. The patient experiences severe cramps and pain in the lower abdomen and back.