WHAT IS STYE?
Stye, also known as Hordeolum, is the local infection or inflammation of the oil-producing glands of the eyelids.
It looks as if a small pimple or boil has erupted on the inside or outside of the eyelid. A stye has the potential to settle down on its own after a few days, but not without causing its share of pain and discomfort. Few cases of untreated styes can progress to significant eyelid infections. Click to read Causes of Styes.
WHAT HAPPENS IN STYE?
- Small pea-sized lump on the top or bottom of eyelid
- Localized pain and swelling of eyelid
- Redness and burning in eyes
- Itching and irritation in eyes
Click to know more about Symptoms of Stye
WHAT CAN STYE LEAD TO?
Untreated Styes, in quite a few cases, can lead to complications such as:
- Chalazion (Styes on inside of eyelid)
- Periorbital cellulitis (Infection of skin around the eyes)
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN STYE
- Homeopathy has more than 50 preventive and curative medicines for Stye that work very well in children and adults.
- Every remedy is carefully prescribed on the basis of the patient's history and the correct homeopathic medicine can even prevent spread of infection to the second eye. Click to read more about homeopathic treatment for Stye.
- Homeopathy offers a more holistic approach in treatment for Stye than any other system of therapy.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Hepar Sulphuris: In conditions with painful stye and inflamed eyelids with great sensitiveness to touch and air. Eyelids stuck together with purulent discharge and better by warm applications.
- Pulsatilla: In cases of thick, yellowish discharge from the eye with great sensitiveness to cold air. Remedy for recurrent styes with eyelids inflamed and agglutinated.
- Sulphur: A remedy for styes which appear red, inflamed, cause burning and itching in eyes. Eyes sensitive to touch and better by warm applications
- Staphysagria: Excellent remedy for recurrent styes after suppressed emotions. Margin of eyelids itch with burning pain in the eyeball.