Do you wash your hands till they become raw?
Do you check your door's lock hundreds of time before you leave your home?
Do you look at yourself for hours in the mirror?
Do you have frequent thoughts of violence or sex, which are beyond your control?
Are you extremely fastidious or organized?
Well then, this can be OCD!
With OCD, thoughts and actions like these can cause tremendous distress, take up a lot of time, and interfere with your daily life and relationships.
Read on to know more!
What is OCD?
OCD or Obsessive Compulsive Disorder is a condition that affects the physical, emotional and mental well-being of a person. It is a continuous bundle of unwanted thoughts or actions which fuel a person's life who is compelled to think or act along those lines. The affected person is obsessed with typical ideas of his own.
The frequent upsetting thoughts are called obsessions. Here, thoughts are intrusive and affected person is obsessed with them. It is an anxiety disorder. Click to read on Causes of OCD.
It is extremely annoying to live such a life. Despite the irrational behaviour, OCD is sometimes associated with above-average intelligence.
In simple words, even normal people sometimes repeatedly check gas cylinders, switches or door locks before leaving the houses. But in OCD, the thoughts are so intense that they translate into a painful and troublesome ritual.
WHAT HAPPENS IN OCD?
- Excess fear of germs and becoming dirty
- Repeated explicit thoughts, for e.g. violence, sex, etc.
- Irrational personal fears
- Superstitious thoughts
- Extreme urge to keep everything in order
- Excessive focus on religious ideas
- Intruding thoughts of cleanliness
Click to know more about Symptoms of OCD
WHAT CAN OCD LEAD TO?
If OCD becomes severe or is left untreated, it can:
- Prevent a person from working or carrying out normal responsibilities.
- Precipitate alcohol or drug abuse in a bid to stay calm.
- Be accompanied by Eating disorders, Anxiety disorders or Depression.
HOW WELL HOMEOPATHY WORKS IN OBSESSIVE COMPULSIVE DISORDER
- OCD if left unchecked and untreated, will mushroom and feed upon itself and can have the power to consume if left unchallenged.
- Homeopathy is the safest and one of the most effective therapies to help in Treatment For OCD.
- Homeopathic medicines derived from Nature are employed and the doses are attuned so finely that side-effects are completely eliminated. Moreover, it also helps in preventing relapses of the condition.
- Homeopathic Treatment For OCD has more than 100 natural, side-effect free remedies in its treasury.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Medorrhinum: Indicated when there is obsession to wash hands repeatedly. There is also an intense fear of the dark and of going insane.
- Natrum Muriaticum: When there is such intense fear of being robbed that they keep checking locks. Obsessed about being in control of a situation.
- Silicea: Obsessive fear of pins and needles. Keep collecting and counting them. These people are mentally very alert and oversensitive to sounds.
- Hyoscyamus: Indicated in people who are obsessed with thoughts of sex. They constantly pick at clothes and resort to obscene gesturing.