What Is Molluscum Contagiosum?
Molluscum Contagiosum is one of the commonest and most cumbersome skin diseases seen today.
It is even more distressing because the disease spreads very easily through merely touching infected skin.
That is why Molluscum is commoner in children, because children are more likely to get infected in school, while playing or swimming. View Causes Of Molluscum Contagiosum
Molluscum contagiosum is a benign skin disease caused by a virus. It is characterized by small pearly papules with a central depression whose core may be expressed, producing a white cheesy material.
What Happens In Molluscum Contagiosum?
- Pearl-like, painless, skin-coloured eruptions
- Eruptions are umbilicated (having a slight central depression)
- Most commonly seen in children
Know more about Symptoms of Molluscum Contagiosum
What Can Molluscum Contagiosum Lead To?
If not treated, Molluscum Contagiosum can complicate into:
- Infection: of the lesions of molluscum contagiosum resulting in painful cysts or abscesses.
- Eczema: In people who have a history of atopic eczema and if immunity is low.
- Scarring: Scars may be left behind in place of the eruptions.
- Eye Infection: If the lesions of molluscum contagiosum are present in the area surrounding the eyes.
How Well Homeopathy Works In Molluscum Contagiosum
- Homeopathy has a 90% success rate in the Treatment of Molluscum Contagiosum.
- It offers a more holistic approach to the treatment for molluscum contagiosum and instead of focusing on the end products of the disease, i.e. the eruptions, concentrates on boosting the immune system of the human being, so that the condition does not occur again.
- Homeopathy is a much safer and better mode of treatment, especially in cases of children. It does not cause any unwanted side effects, nor does it leave behind unpleasant scars that serve as a reminder of the disease. Click to read more about Homeopathic Treatment For Molluscum Contagiosum.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Sulphur: When eruptions are extremely itchy and surrounding skin is red and inflamed in a patient who has a history of inadequate hygiene
- Mercurius Sol: When eruptions bleed on being scratched and leave behind reddish brown spots when they disappear.
- Thuja:One of the best choices when the skin is painfully sensitive and the molluscum exudes a peculiar smell.