- Make sure that proper hygiene is maintained. If you are infected, wash your clothes separately and make sure you wash your hands regularly to minimize spread of infection.
- Avoid touching other people till the infection has resolved.
- Avoid sharing items with other people, like shaving kit or clothes till the eruptions disappear.
- Refrain from sexual intercourse if the lesions are present in the sexual areas of the body.
- Do not scratch off the eruptions as this easily facilitates spread of infection to adjacent parts of the body.
- Do not shave or perform any kind of medical / surgical procedures on the affected parts of the body.