- It is very scary for parents to learn that their dear child is having Learning Disorder. But do not panic. With assistance your child can have a very bright future.
- If you suspect that your child has learning difficulties then he requires special assistance, hence do not delay in finding support and assistance.
- Pay attention to normal developmental milestones for your babies. Early detection is very helpful for better future.
- Keep a good knowledge about Learning Disorder; this will help you in understanding the situation.
- Nurture your child’s strengths.
- If your child has trouble expressing their feelings, staying calm, and understanding what others expect out of him, you can help him greatly.
- Appreciate your child’s performances and efforts however little they are.
- Help your child with homework. Spend time with them. Listen to their feeling. Show your love to them by hugging them. This will build their self esteem.
- Encourage little activities for them at house. These can build self-confidence.
- Give them regular family work responsibility to make them self efficient.
- Do not nag your children over their mistakes and disabilities.
- Never criticize them.
- Do not make unnecessary comparison with other siblings or classmates.
- Do not scold, reject, humiliate or ridicule them. They need your tender love and help.