Certain factors predispose one to be affected by Dandruff, including:
- Skin type: Dandruff is more common in dry or oily skin.
- Weather condition: Extreme temperature can sometimes result in Dandruff. Dandruff is more common in winters.
- Diet: Excessively salty, sugary or spicy food and alcohol may exacerbate Dandruff.
- Age: Dandruff is more common in adults than children.
- Gender: Dandruff is more common in men than women And may have a hormonal basis.
- Poor diet: Poor diet that includes processed or junk foods are linked with Dandruff.
- Poor immunity: Dandruff is more common in persons with weak immunity like in HIV, Tuberculosis, etc.
- Stress: Many dermatologists and research studies have indicated that emotional stress plays a significant role in development of Dandruff.