I am a 66 years old man and have BEP? Are there any precautions I need to follow along with medicines to combat the illness?
There are few simple Dos and Don'ts which if followed will help you combat the disease of BEP better. They are as follows:
- Urinate at regular intervals to avoid the embarrassment of hurrying frequently for urination.
- Limit your fluid intake especially in the evening and night time to decrease the frequency of urination in night.
- Use double voiding technique which involves trying to urinate again after finishing urination.
- Pelvic floor strengthening exercises which involves contracting the pelvic muscles to hold the urge for urination for few seconds and then relax the pelvic muscles. Repeat this procedure 10-15 times for 3 to 5 times a day.
- Moderate amount of daily exercise for keeping body weight under control will help control the symptoms of BEP.
- Avoid intake of medicines like decongestants, anti histamines etc which aggravate the symptoms of BEP. These medicines if required should be taken under strict advice of doctor
- Don't get exposed to excessive cold environments which have a tendency to aggravate the symptoms of BEP.
What are the Homeopathic remedies which can be taken to treat BEP?
Thousands of people across the globe have benefitted from and are experiencing the curative powers of homeopathy. These frustrating, embarrassing symptoms of repeated hurrying and halting for urination in BEP can now be easily overcome by gentle Homeopathic medcines
There are more than 100 homeopathic remedies which are highly effective in prevention and treatment of BEP. To get HOMEOPATHIC treatment from our expert doctors, click on Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) Homeopathic Treatment.
What happens if I stop taking Homeopathic medicines for my problem of BEP?
To witness the excellent benefits of HOMEOPATHIC treatment, it is advisable to continue homeopathic treatment as advised by the doctors. But, still if you stop your treatment, do not worry of any side effects or the symptoms getting worse or same original picture coming back. To get HOMEOPATHIC treatment from our expert doctors, click on Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) Homeopathic Treatment.
What are the dietary changes to be made by a patient having BEP?
There is no specific dietary advice to be followed. But there are few simple changes, which if followed will help a patient with BEP to deal with the symptoms more efficiently. They are as follows:
- Have proper balanced diet with more of fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts, fish and other food stuffs rich in antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids. These food stuffs help reduce the severity of symptoms of BEP.
- Reduce the intake of beverages like alcohol and caffeine rich drinks, which can aggravate the symptoms of BEP.
To know more about dietary advices, click on Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) Diet and Nutrition.
I have BEP and I have been advised to avoid drinking excess of water especially in the night time? Does it really matter so much?
Yes, it does matter as it affects the severity of the symptoms of BEP. Limit your fluid intake especially in the evening and night time to decrease the frequency of urination in night.
How will HOMEOPATHY help me with BEP?
Homeopathic treatment for BEP offers a holistic approach to the treatment of the disease. Other treatments concentrate only on removing the symptoms owing to BEP unlike Homeopathy which treats the root cause of developing BEP. Homeopathic treatment for BEP is a much safer and better mode of treatment for old aged people without any kind of unwanted side effects.To get HOMEOPATHIC treatment from our expert doctors, Click on Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) Homeopathic Treatment.
Isn't there an easier and safer way to deal with BEP?
Yes, definitely. There is a much better way to deal with BEP than the conventional medicines. HOMEOPATHY is a system of medicine which treats the disease in the gentlest way and treats the patient completely in a way that the disease cannot recur again, as it acts on the root cause of the malady.
Will I have to take conventional medicines for my complaints of BEP for the rest of my life? Will it not lead to any kind of side effects?
Yes these medicines do have side effects when taken over a long period of time. There are many alternative modes of treatment available including the safe and gentle means of Homeopathic medicines to deal with your problem.Consult one of our experts now and get complete liberty from your troubles! .
What kind of treatments is available for BEP?
Conventional Treatment for BEP-
- Conventional medicines are useful for managing the symptoms of BEP by relaxing the muscles of the prostate and bladder leading to easier flow of urine.
- Surgical measures include Transurethral resection of prostate, Transurethral microwave therapy and Transurethral needle ablation etc.. Homeopathic Treatment for BEP
- Homeopathy is quite a safe and effective means of treatment for BEP. It targets and treats the root cause and provides a longer lasting relief.
- Homeopathic treatment for BEP is a much safer and better mode of treatment for old aged people without any kind of unwanted side effects.
It is, however, worthwhile to remember that self-medication is not recommended. Consult one of our Experts Now for freedom from BEP.Read more about these treatments by clicking on Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) Treatment.
Are there any tests to diagnose BEP?
BEP can easily be diagnosed by a qualified physician by rectal examination. However, to confirm the diagnosis and to rule out any malignancy a few tests may be required. Blood test to detect the levels of PSA (prostate specific antigen) which are is raised above normal in cases of malignancy of prostate gland.
- Transrectal ultra sonography gives an idea about size and shape of the prostate. In BEP, the shape is smooth while in malignancy it is irregular.
- Microscopic and routine examination of the urine may reveal infection of the urinary tract in long standing cases of BEP.
- Urodynamic studies to analyse the flow of urine from the bladder.
Read more about these investigations by clicking on Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) Tests & Diagnosis.
What happens to a person with BEP being without any treatment for quite a while?
It can lead to various kinds of complications like:-
- Retention of urine: Retention of urine occurs due to the obstruction caused by the enlarged prostate at the neck of the bladder.
- Infection of urinary tract: Disease causing microorganisms present in stagnated urine can cause recurrent urinary tract infections.
- Bladder stones: Various minerals are present in the urine, which over a period of time due to incomplete emptying of bladder get aggregated to form large bladder stones.
- Damaged kidneys: Retention of urine in bladder leads to backflow of urine into the kidneys, causing recurrent infections, which damages the structure of the kidneys.
To know more about complications of BEP, click on Benign Enlargement of Prostate (BEP) Complications.