- Urinate at regular intervals of 3-4 hours to avoid the embarrassment of hurrying frequently for urination.
- Limit your fluid intake especially in the evening and night time to decrease the frequency of urination in night.
- Use double voiding technique which involves trying to urinate again after finishing urination.
- Moderate amount of daily exercise for keeping body weight under control will help control the symptoms of BEP.
- Avoid intake of medicines like decongestants and anti-histamines which aggravate the symptoms of BEP. If unavoidable, they need to be taken under strict advice of a medically qualified doctor.
- Avoid exposure to excessively cold environment that can aggravate the symptoms of BEP.