- To prevent damage to affected eye, put artificial tear drops or lubricating drops to prevent drying.
- Since it is difficult to close eye, cover it with a clean cotton pad.
- Since blink reflex is affected in Bell's Palsy, protect your eyes from injury.
- Soak cotton towel in warm water and squeeze it, then apply on painful areas of face. It will ease the pain.
- Facial exercises will help in faster stimulation of facial muscles and quick recovery.
- Maintain good health with balanced diet and regular exercise for good immunity.
- Avoid large bites of foods; eat small portions for easy chewing. In severe cases take semisolid or liquid foods to avoid choking.
- Do not let your eye become dry.