Following food may be of help in reducing symptoms of Bell's Palsy.
- Food containing enough vitamins and minerals are helpful in minimizing the complications of Bell's Palsy. Consume lots of green veggies and fruits.
- Eat less of Arginine-rich food like walnuts, hazelnuts and brazil nuts, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc. Arginine is required by viruses for their multiplication.
- Avoid foods which cause allergies. Common foods which cause allergies in some individuals are eggs, soya, nuts, wheat, corn, etc.
- Avoid foods containing preservatives and artificial colors.
- Avoid refined food such as white breads, pastas, sugar, fried food, doughnuts, pastries, bread, candy and soft drinks, etc.
- Avoid coffee, alcohol and smoking.