Following foods are of help in BEHAVIOURAL DISORDERS-
- Eat lots of vegetables, fruits and protein rich diet.
- Consider fresh, homemade and organic foods for kids.
- Eat balanced meals, which must include daily portions of vegetables and fruits.
- Fresh green vegetables help to keep mind calm. Try interesting colourful recipes for kids to make them eat green vegetables.
- Omega 3 fatty acids are also beneficial. Include oily fishes (salmon, mackerel) in diet.
- Lack of Iron and Zinc are also likely to affect behaviour. Eat more of iron fortified cereals, green vegetables, dairy foods.
- Always stress on having a wholesome breakfast. Skipping breakfast lowers the energy level and trigger bad mood.
- Fruits like bananas have calming effect on mind.
- Make sure they have good breakfast which can include whole grains, milk, fresh fruits.
- Drink sufficient quantity of water daily.
- Avoid foods containing additives, artificial colours, preservatives, MSG (Mono sodium Glutamate), frozen meals.
- Certain studies indicate that excess consumption of soy and soy products can cause behavioural disorders in kid, though this is not fully proved.
- Avoid ready to eat foods, packaged or frozen foods, candies, lollies, sweeteners.
- Avoid excess of junk foods in kid's diet.