- Recurrent infections of ears and throat are among the leading Adenoids complications seen with Tonsillitis, Adenoiditis, Suppurative Otitis Media and Pharyngitis being common.
- Complications as a result of significant enlargement include nasal obstruction, breathing, swallowing, and sleep problems.
- Extreme breathing problems during sleep may result in Obstructive Sleep Apnoea.
- Excessive mouth breathing causes fetid breath.
But the major risk associated with Adenoids is linked with surgery done for its removal called Adenoidectomy. Complications are:
- Bleeding and infection at surgery site
- Post operative sore throat and pain
- Anesthesia-related problems