- It is a common skin condition present where there are maximum number of sebaceous follicles like in face, the upper part of the chest, and the back.
- It is characterized by scaly red skin, blackheads and whiteheads), papules or pinheads, nodules or large papules, pimples, and possibly scarring.
- It is similar to acne rosacea BUT, in acne rosacea there are blood vessels involved and in vulgaris it is sweat glands.
- It is a chronic, relapsing and usually mild dermatitis.
- It is an inflammatory skin disorder affecting the scalp, face, and torso.
- Seborrhea is characterized by scaly, flaky, itchy and red skin.
- It also affects the sebaceous gland-rich areas of skin.
- Perioral dermatitis also called as periorifical dermatitis, is skin condition characterized by multiple small (1 - 2 mm) papules, pustules and vesicles which are present around the mouth, nose and the eyes.
- It most commonly affects women between the ages of 20 and 45 years, but may also affect children, men and the elderly. It is not uncommon, and has a tendency to recur in individuals who have had it once.
- Carcinoid syndrome is a group of symptoms that occur secondary to carcinoid tumors.
- The syndrome includes flushing and diarrhea, and, less frequently, heart failure and bronchoconstriction.
It is a name given to a collection of autoimmune diseases in which the human immune system becomes hyperactive and attacks normal, healthy tissues of almost every system of the body including joints, skin, kidneys, blood cells, heart, and lungs.
Symptoms vary in every person and may come and go.
- Most of the people have joint pain and swelling and few may develop arthritis
- Skin rash - a "butterfly" rash across the cheeks
- Fever with no other cause
- Swollen lymph nodes
- General discomfort, uneasiness, or ill feeling