- Severe deficiency of the micronutrient mineral, Calcium may lead to white spots especially in nails.
- It is usually associated with other symptoms like bone pains, muscle spasms, numbness and tingling, etc.
- Dry, fine-scaled, pale patches on the face or other parts is called Pityriasis alba.
- It is mostly seen in children and patches are accompanied by dryness.
- It is a chronic bacterial disease that predominantly involves the nerves, skin, eyes and respiratory system.
- On the skin, it is characterized by hypopigmented spots accompanied by loss of sensation.
- Seen mostly on limbs and trunk, it is a disease caused by a type of fungus.
- It is characterized by fine scales, lightened or darkened patches of skin coming on more commonly in hot and humid climates.
- It is a genetically inherited condition where there is little or no production of melanin pigment in the skin.
- Apart from extremely fair skin, these people also manifest light-coloured hair and eyelashes, as well as extreme aversion to light.
- This is again an inherited but rare condition with disorder in the skin pigment cells.
- Here, there is decreased pigmentation on part of the skin but eye pigmentation is normal.