Schizophrenia can happen to anyone. The risk of developing Schizophrenia is around 1 in 100.
Because the exact cause of Schizophrenia is not known, certain factors seem to increase the risk of developing or triggering it, which are known as Schizophrenia risk factors:
- Family history of Schizophrenia
- Exposure to viruses, toxins or malnutrition while in the womb, particularly in the first and second trimesters.
- Immunity problems, such as from inflammation or autoimmune diseases.
- Child having a father of a very old age is at risk of developing Schizophrenia.
- Mind-altering drugs during teen years and young adulthood.
- Age Group- Early teens to mid-twenties in men and mid-twenties to early thirties in women.