- Depression is a state of low mood, sadness, apathy and dislike for activity that can influence wellbeing.
- Depression due to PMS and Clinical depression may sometimes mimic each other. It is important to correlate with menstruation to distinguish.
Cyclic Water Retention (Idiopathic Edema)
- This is a common phenomenon in many disease conditions like kidney and heart disease and may cause similar confusing features.
- But again, when in PMS, these symptoms will occur at specific dates of month.
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS)
- CFS is a condition characterised by persistent tiredness, muscle pains, impaired memory and headaches.
- It is commonly observed in anaemia, post viral fever, and many debilitating physical diseases.
- Symptoms of Hypothyroidism are similar to those of PMS, and include bloating, weight gain, tiredness and irritability.
- The distinguishing feature is an abnormal Thyroid Function Test, which is seen in Hypothyroidism but not in PMS.