What is Premenstrual Syndrome?
PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome is a condition that affects the physical, emotional and mental well-being of a woman. If you are suffering from breast tenderness, bloating, anger and depression in the latter half of menstrual cycle, then you are possibly suffering from PMS.
Up to 85% women of child-bearing age have experienced PMS at some point in their life.
PMS probably results due to interactions between sex hormones and brain chemicals (neurotransmitters). Click to read Causes of PMS.
Symptoms typically start after ovulation and end with onset of menstruation.
The hormonal disturbances of PMS are such that they can cause the most extreme moodswings. The woman gets unusually sad, cries easily and gets furious for trifling matters.
Women have been periodically called "crazy", "hysterical" and "moody", but people fail to understand that there may be biological causes behind their reactions. This is the time when women need maximum empathy and care.
What Happens In PMS?
- Bloating where a woman would complain as "my whole body has swollen up"
- Moodswings, for e.g. one moment she may be happy and then suddenly she would become sad
- Heaviness in breasts that may be accompanied with pain
- Irritability, depression, weeping and oversensitivity
- Mental & physical fatigue
- Change in appetite and unusual food cravings.
Click to know more about Symptoms of PMS
What Can PMS Lead To?
- Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD), a severe form of PMS
- Substance Abuse
- Exacerbation of existing medical conditions like Migraine, Systemic Lupus Erythematosus, Epilepsy, etc.
How Well Homeopathy Works In PMS?
- Homeopathy has an excellent success rate in Treatment For PMS.
- In two studies conducted by Hadassah Hospital (Jerusalem, Israel) in the 1990's, 90% of women treated with Homeopathy over a 3 month period experienced improvement in their PMS symptoms.
- Homeopathy is natural, safe and without any side-effects, and one can enjoy complete freedom from PMS.
- Moreover, it also helps in preventing relapse of the condition every month.
- Homeopathic Treatment For PMS has more than 70 natural, side-effect free remedies in its treasury for the treatment of this condition.
Few of our amazing remedies include:
- Natrum Muriaticum: This is a common prescription for PMS, include depression, emotional instability, sometimes sadness and anger, blinding headache, weight gain about the hips and thighs, acne on the forehead, improper eating habits.
- Sepia: Symptoms relating to hormone imbalance, apathy, indifference to others, feelings of being overwhelmed, chilliness, dislike of fuss or damp, dislike of consolation, depression and weeping.
- Chamomilla: There is irritability, nervousness, and restlessness before the onset of menses, breast swelling, and pains that are experienced up and down the inner thighs.
- Pulsatilla: This medicine is very effective in PMS, when the symptoms of acid reflux are accompanied by headache. It is suited to women who are very shy, mild and sensitive.