The management of PICA requires a multidisciplinary approach which involves the family, doctor, psychologist, nutritionist and sometimes social workers.
- The treatment for Pica is based on the underlying cause for the abnormal craving
- Supplements of vitamins or minerals that may be deficient are helpful
- Medical complications such as lead poisoning, bowel perforation, etc. require appropriate medical treatment
- Counselling, nutritional management, education are all helpful
- Behavioural strategies are also useful in its successful management