How can I care for Oral Herpes at home?
You can relieve the symptoms by following few measures such as:
- You can apply ice to relieve the burning of sores.
- Always keep the skin moist by applying non-medicated applications such as petroleum jelly. This will prevent the sore from cracking and thereby spreading of the fluid from the blister.
- Keep the area clean by washing it gently once a day.
- Avoid over-washing as this can increase irritation and delay healing.
- Drink plenty of fluids to prevent dehydration.
I am 18 years old female and have small ulcers inside my mouth. Whenever I eat spicy food or hot tea it causes severe pain. Am I suffering from Oral Herpes or any other disease?
Oral Herpes usually affects the lips and around the mouth. You may be having Canker sores which mostly affect the insides of the lips or cheek and back of the throat.
These are small, painful ulcers on the inside of the mouth, lips or throat that occur due to eating very spicy or hot food, vitamin deficiencies, hormones, stress, etc. Canker sores are not contagious like Oral Herpes. So you cannot pass them to others through sharing food and drinks, utensils, towels, etc. Canker sores are not caused by herpes virus. Whenever you eat spicy food or hot tea it irritates the sore causing pain. However, visit your doctor to confirm the diagnosis.
I had Oral Herpes long back. I've heard it can come back. What are the reasons for it to reappear?
You will have the virus in your body for the rest of your life once you are infected with Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV). You may not have any symptoms, but the virus continues to live in your nerve cells. There are certain triggering factors that can cause outbreak of Oral Herpes such as stress, menstruation, fever, sun exposure, lack of sleep, etc. Your body starts preparing antibodies that helps fighting against the infection; thereby it is believed that the subsequent outbreak is less severe.
Conventional methods of treatment won't prevent the recurrence of Oral Herpes.
Homeopathic treatment plugs any inherent weaknesses that allow the causative organism to infect your body again. Get a widest range of TOP Rated physicians at your fingertips. Register and Login to read the cases about Oral Herpes treated successfully!
I have been diagnosed with Oral Herpes. Is there any specific diet that will help me in this condition?
You should drink plenty of water prevent dehydration as there may be decrease in intake of fluids due to pain. You should include foods such as beans, lentils, cheese, nuts, soya beans (tofu), fenugreek seed, meat (red meat, pork), poultry, eggs and fish (cod and sardines). These foods prevent effective multiplication of the virus.
You must avoid chocolates, peanuts, wheat and raisins aids replication of the Herpes Simples Virus (HSV)
You must have plenty of vitamin C foods such as citrus fruits, dark green leafy vegetables, broccoli, tomatoes, papaya, peas which will help boosting your immunity.
Zinc-rich foods such as seafood, beef and lamb, spinach, nuts, pumpkins, beans, mushrooms, etc. are useful for healing of the wounds and optimization of the immune resistance against infections. Foods rich in vitamin B12 such as shellfish, liver, crabs, fortified cereals, fortified soy products, cheese, eggs, etc are known to be helpful in recovery from herpes.
I have a small cold sore on my lip since few days with body pain. When should I visit a doctor?
The sores are painful, you may have difficulty eating or drinking. Visit your doctor if you get any of the following symptoms suggesting dehydration
- A decrease in urination
- Dry mouth
Your immune system protects you from infection or fights against infection. If your system is weakened, you are more prone to get the complications. If your immune system is too weak to fight against the virus, the sore won't heal and you may develop multiple sores, in such case start treatment immediately.
Conventional methods may give you relief but their effect is short-lived and temporary with possibilities of side-effects.
Which is the treatment that will boost your immunity? Homeopathy is the answer! Homeopathy does not consider Oral Herpes as a local affection of the skin but as something that has deeper roots in your system. Homeopathic medicine is selected with detailed case study of your disease and treats the disease from the root cause.Homeopathic medicines do not have any suppressive effects and they are without any side-effects whatsoever.
I have a month old infant. Can he get Oral Herpes? How should I take care if he gets infected?
Young children are more likely to be infected with Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV 1) that causes Oral Herpes. Severe infection or disease complications occur more commonly in infants such as the herpes simplex virus may go to the brain and produce damage.
Give adequate fluids your infant to prevent dehydration. Clean the area gently avoiding excess irritation. As your child is younger than 6 weeks, visit a doctor immediately when sores appear.
Homeopathy will benefit your infant in case if he gets Oral Herpes relieving the agonising pain of the sore and boosting his immunity for fighting against the infection. Homeopathy is a safer form of natural medicine so Homeopathic treatment can be used during pregnancy and for newborns, children, when conventional medicines are ill advised.
I am diagnosed with Oral herpes. Can I pass Oral Herpes to my children? Is it a contagious disease?
- Yes, Oral Herpes is contagious. You can pass the infection to your children by direct contact.
- Young children are more likely to be infected easily.
- Avoid kissing them, sharing common utensils or foods.
- Have a healthy diet that may help to fasten the healing of the sore.
- You should start treatment immediately if the Oral Herpes does not get healed within 2 weeks.
Your children must follow strict preventive measures. Click PREVENTIVE MEASURES , Do's and Don'ts to read in detail
How will Homeopathy help me to relieve the severe pain of my Oral Herpes?
Homeopathic medicines are prepared by the method of potentization which increases the quality of the medicines. Hence the severe pain after herpes (post herpetic neuralgia) is effectively controlled with Homeopathy within 3 to 6 weeks, which otherwise can persist for many years despite conventional treatment.
Homeopathy is the only medical science which has been entirely proved and clinically verified only on Human Beings with no side-effects if chosen appropriately.
Stop the intake of painkillers which might give to relief on the cost of your health! Choose Homeopathy which will give you humane care.
What will happen if I don't take any treatment for Oral Herpes? Does Oral Herpes considered a serious disease?
The development and healing of Oral Herpes is completed in seven to fourteen days. In case if you don't take care of the sore or your defence system is weak due to any long term illness causing delayed healing, you may develop certain complications. The untreated Oral herpes may develop following complications:
- Keratoconjunctivitis ? Inflammation of outer layers of the eyeball, viz. cornea and conjunctiva
- Herpetiform Eczema ? Widespread infection of the skin caused by herpes simplex virus
- Bacterial and fungal super infection (added infection)
- Pneumonia ? Infection of the lungs resulting in cough, fever and blood-streaked sputum
- Infection of the trachea or windpipe
- Pharyngitis ? Inflammation of throat
- Tonsillitis ? Inflammation and infection of tonsils
To know more about complications, click Oral Herpes Complications
How can I prevent getting infected with Herpes virus?
There are certain measures that are helpful in prevention from Oral Herpes:
- You must avoid kissing an infected person.
- Do not share towels, clothing, etc. with an infected person
- Avoid using common utensils, spoons, lip balms, etc.
- Wash your hands if you have touched the sore.
- If you had Oral Herpes before, get enough sleep, improve your diet and use sun protection like sunscreens as these can act as stimuli for the recurrence of the infection.
- If you are Breast-feeding, you should avoid feeding your infected baby for about 3 weeks.
Are there any long term effects of Oral Herpes?
- Young children are at risk in developing complications, so Oral Herpes must be diagnosed and treated by a healthcare professional as soon as possible.
- If your immune system is compromised due to long term illness, diagnosed with cancer, undergoing radiation therapy or chemotherapy, Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) etc. the outbreaks of Oral Herpes can be serious and long-lasting. This happens because your defence system is weak and cannot fight well against the Herpes Simplex Virus (HSV-1)
Stop worrying about the complications if you stand among the above based conditions! Choose a right choice of treatment at right moment.
Homeopathic treatment will relieve your suffering. It will boost your disturbed state of defence system and help to regain its strength to fight against the infection. Our expert physician with their collective clinical experience commits to give you relief from this relentless condition. Start the treatment and avoid the complications!